When in the market for a new heating system, your mind may instantly go to the costs – of installation, maintenance, and of course, the monthly overheads. Electric radiators have almost no installation or maintenance fees but, as with any heating system, running costs can vary depending on certain factors. Insulation, energy tariffs and room size can all play into those bills but making sure your heating system is as efficient as possible will help to keep them down too.
Electric radiators with advanced energy management features can help you keep running costs low. High precision individual controls unique to electric radiators can allow them to compensate for the higher price of electricity versus gas. Here we provide a breakdown of some of the most efficient electric radiators on the market.
Haverland RC Wave Electric Radiators
Top 5 Features for Efficiency
- 24/7 Programming: Enables you to customise your heating schedule down to the hour, ensuring you minimise waste and keep heating bills as low as possible.
- Dry Thermal Elements: Allow for a rapid heat-up time, but also allow the radiator to quickly respond to any temperature adjustments.
- Precision Thermostat: The RC Wave’s precision thermostat is never out by more than 0.2°C meaning you don’t have to worry about wasting energy overheating your rooms. It stops drawing power as soon as the precision thermostat recognises the radiator is running at the set temperature.
- Open Window Detection: In the event that you accidentally leave a door or window open the radiator switches to anti-frost mode until it detects a rise in temperature, saving on your energy bills.
- Adaptive Start: This intuitive feature begins warming your room just before you’re due to need it, so you don’t need to waste energy factoring preheating into the RC’s schedule.
The Haverland RC Wave is one of the most efficient electric radiators in the UK. Boasting a host of features that help you maximise efficiency and minimise energy wastage, the RC Wave is designed to keep energy bills down without sacrificing on your home comfort. With its highly sensitive 0.2°C precision thermostat, this clever radiator compares drastically with other heating systems’ temperature regulation which can be out by as much as 3°C. Coming in at a minute 75mm depth, and an attractive curved frame, the RC Wave range comprises both traditional white and modern anthracite colourways to suit your personal style. Providing the same heat as a central heating radiator and packed with handy efficiency features, it’s little wonder the RC Wave is so popular with homeowners.
The RC Wave is available in three different models:
- Haverland Designer RC Wave Electric Radiators
- Haverland Designer RC Wave+ Electric Radiator - White
- Haverland Designer RC Wave+ Electric Radiator - Anthracite
Ecostrad Ecowärme Electric Radiators
- German Engineering: a hallmark of superior quality, every stage of the Ecowärme’s production is overseen by a quality control expert.
- Ceramic Stone Core: utilising the impressive heat retention capabilities of ceramic stone, the Ecowärme locks in warmth for continued comfort even after switch off, making it incredibly efficient.
- Open Window Detection: prevents heat loss from a drop in temperature, such as a window being left open.
- Adaptive Start: allows the radiator to preheat before it reaches the time you programmed your heating to come on, ensuring your heating is comfortable at the right time.
- 24/7 Programming: an essential for any heating system, programming your radiator to match your routine will prevent it from running unnecessarily
The Ecostrad Ecowärme is a German-engineered electric radiator designed for greater efficiency. The Ecowärme comes equipped with energy management features such as a 24/7 digital programmer and precision thermostat, but what sets it apart is the heating technology inside the radiator. The radiator’s core contains ceramic stone plates which help to maximise heat retention and minimise heat loss. This enables your rooms to stay warmer for longer, as the ceramic plates keep emitting heat after the radiator has stopped drawing power from the mains.
The Ecowärme is available in white and anthracite in both horizontal and vertical models.
- Ecostrad Ecowärme Electric Radiators - White
- Ecostrad Ecowärme Electric Radiators - Anthracite
- Ecostrad Ecowärme Vertical Electric Radiators - White
- Ecostrad Ecowärme Vertical Electric Radiators - Anthracite
Haverland SmartWave Electric Radiators
Top 5 Features for Efficiency
- Motion Sensor Technology: as the name suggests, the SmartWave programs itself using motion sensor technology. Infrared motion sensors note when you enter and leave the room, allowing the smart radiator to learn your daily and weekly routine and automatically adapt to it.
- WiFi Control: when paired with a SmartBox, this electric radiator can be controlled via WiFi through a compatible app on your smartphone, for control anywhere in the world.
- Voice Control: the SmartBox hub also allows for voice controlled heating via a set of spoken commands when connected to either an Amazon Alexa or Google Home smart speaker.
- Energy Consumption Statistics: the Haverland Heating app provides up-to-date records of your energy usage, optimising efficiency and keeping bills down.
The SmartWave Self-Programming Electric Radiator is one of the most well-known smart electric radiators on the market. The SmartWave has been featured in various publications including Landlord Zone, Mighty Gadget and The Guardian, who called it “a next generation piece of kit”. Its unique self-programming technology ensures your heating bills are kept to a minimum and reduces the need for frequent manual adjustments to your heating schedule.
The SmartWave is available in white and anthracite versions.
- Haverland SmartWave Self-Programming Electric Radiators
- Haverland SmartWave Self-Programming Electric Radiators - Anthracite
Technotherm KS DSM Smart Heat Retention Radiator
Top 5 Features for Efficiency
- Cutting-edge thermal technology: Heating elements are set throughout the internal stone core, meaning heat radiates powerfully through your room with running costs kept to a minimum.
- WiFi compatibility: When purchased with its separate WiFi hub, you can control your heating via an app on your smart device.
- Voice control: Control your heating totally handsfree when paired with an Amazon Alexa or Google Home smart speaker.
- Fluted fin design: the vertical fluted fins on radiator’s body creates an optimal amount of surface area, for improved heat diffusion.
- Dynamic start: pre-heats rooms ahead of time for invitingly warm spaces that are the ideal temperature the moment you step through the door.
The Technotherm KS range of electric radiators are another prime example of high-quality German engineering. Like the Ecostrad Ecowärme, the KS DSM uses a stone core to maximise heat retention. With its patented Magmatic® stone tablets retaining and emitting heat up to 45 minutes after the radiator has stopped drawing power, the KS DSM is a radiator with unrivalled efficiency. Combining heat retentive technology and smart controls, the Technotherm KS DSM is an electric radiator built for the modern home.
The Technotherm KS DSM is available in both horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Technotherm KS DSM Smart Heat Retention Radiator
- Technotherm KS DSM Smart Heat Retention Vertical Radiator - 1800w
Ecostrad Allora iQ Designer Electric Radiators
Top 5 Features for Efficiency
- Specifically designed for electric heating: the Ecostrad Allora iQ has been designed from the ground-up to work as an electric radiator, meaning its efficiency is unparalleled against its counterparts.
- Fast-Flo technology: filled with thermal oil engineered for heat retention, the Allora’s Fast-Flo technology boasts superior heat circulation unmatched by converted central heating radiators.
- Ecostrad iQ WiFi heating element: use the Ecostrad Ecosystem app to access a wealth of energy saving features and manage your heating from anywhere in the world.
- 24/7 Heating Schedule: set a custom heating schedule for every day of the week, hour by hour, to enjoy efficient heating that completely conforms to your daily routine.
- Open window detection: ensures heat isn’t wasted to open doors or windows by pausing your heating until a more stable temperature is reached.
The Ecostrad Allora iQ is pioneering efficiency in the designer electric radiator category. A lot of designer electric radiators on the market these days are converted central heating radiators that heat much less efficiently because they haven’t been designed to be powered by electricity. This isn’t the case for the Allora – it has been manufactured completely with electric in mind. For a modern designer electric radiator with advanced thermal engineering as well as smart controls, look no further than the Allora.
The Ecostrad Allora is available in white and anthracite in both horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Ecostrad Allora iQ Designer Electric Radiators - White
- Ecostrad Allora iQ Designer Electric Radiators - Anthracite
- Ecostrad Allora iQ Vertical Designer Electric Radiators - White
- Ecostrad Allora iQ Vertical Designer Electric Radiators - Anthracite
Find your new electric radiator today
Our range of bestselling electric radiators are packed with energy management features that help you run your heating efficiently. How much you end up paying for your heating can depend on a whole host of factors, like your home’s insulation and the size of the rooms you’re heating. If you’re feeling perplexed by efficiency and want to learn more about running costs, you can read our handy blog on the running costs of electric radiators.